My first step into rediscovering myself. hoping to one day possess the skills to such a beautiful art..
I am new to blogging and somewhat awkward, and don't know what to write. I love pretty things, like to see nail art and makeovers and such. I do intend to actually post my manicures as my skills improve with nail art and such, I might even start posting pics. But these will probably be sporadic and even pathetic attempts while I learn so ... Bear with me please. :)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My First Freehand Splatter Nails

So this is the non-straw blowing method of splattering, where you use a dotting tool -or if you're like me and  don't have that, then a toothpick- and spread it out to look like splatters. It went OK. As I have mentioned previously, I have no experience, no training and everything I have learned, I learned off the internet.  In other words, I see pics and decide I like it, so I do it... despite my lacking the skills to do it.  : P

Anyway, back to the mani. I used Beauty By Kayla Shevonne's splatter method (using a toothpick...eh, or really I used a kebab stick...it was all I had, lol). I was going to do the full rainbow like in the Rainbow Splatter Tutorial but after doing just a few splatters I decided all those colors wouldn't fit. I guess my splatters were too big, but it's OK, I actually like how they turned out.

I only use my natural nails, and haven't picked up any skills in shaping/cuticle care, etc... Also, I only have dollar store polish for now until I start honing my skills, and cleanup? What's that?! In other words, I always rush to take pics of my manis and forget to do clean-up first, or just don't do that good cause I'm in a rush to take pics, so those of you who are offended by sloppy work... look away...
By the way, there's a suggestion to all you who know what the hell you're doing -unlike me- maybe someone could start a "basics" tutorial on cuticle care, etc... You know, anything you think would be common knowledge to everyone, but it's not to clueless people like me.  :)

But there I go rambling again... On to the pics:

These are pics of my mani when I realized all those colors wouldn't fit the way I was doing them... so yeah, just pink and purple here:
Left Hand
Left Thumb

Right Hand
 
Right Thumb



And then after I added the next and evidently the last color:
Green

Left Thumb
Left Hand

Right Thumb
 
Right Hand

 All in all, I think it turned out alright. Maybe with practice it will get better, but for now I'm happy and that's what counts. : P

No comments:

Post a Comment