My first step into rediscovering myself. hoping to one day possess the skills to such a beautiful art..
I am new to blogging and somewhat awkward, and don't know what to write. I love pretty things, like to see nail art and makeovers and such. I do intend to actually post my manicures as my skills improve with nail art and such, I might even start posting pics. But these will probably be sporadic and even pathetic attempts while I learn so ... Bear with me please. :)

Monday, July 4, 2011

Just a little touch up....

So I liked my attempt at my 4th of July mani, but since I didn't have the silver detail pen, I kept feeling like it was missing something. Then I remembered that I have Sparkling Diamond in LA Color (silver hexagon glitter), and figured that was just what my nails needed. I didn't do anything special to it, just put one coat over the entire nail, but it looks good and gave it an extra sparkle it needed for the 4th.  :)

Just thought I'd share. :P

And even though I wasn't planning on posting any pictures until I get more practice, I changed  my mind. But, please remember this is my very first paint job that used more than one polish. I never took pics of the non-glitter version, cause I wasn't planning to post. The reason I changed my mind is because I thought it would be cool to have a "my first" post and see how I progress. It's more for me than anyone else. And remember I had no experience in manis, and had no one even teach me. Everything I do know came from the web, and that was just last week. I still have to look into all the basics, like cuticles and all that. Also, I don't do artificial nail, gel tip, or anything. These are my natural nails, and three fingers on my left hand broke the day before I painted them for 4th of July (don't ask). I think the best nail turned out to be my right thumb, but of course I didn't take any pics of that. :P

So anyway, here they are:

Left hand 



                                







Right hand

I guess they're OK for a first try, although I am embarrassed to even post them , and probably will come back soon and delete them, lol.  Eh hehe, I'm not good at taking pics either.

No comments:

Post a Comment