My first step into rediscovering myself. hoping to one day possess the skills to such a beautiful art..
I am new to blogging and somewhat awkward, and don't know what to write. I love pretty things, like to see nail art and makeovers and such. I do intend to actually post my manicures as my skills improve with nail art and such, I might even start posting pics. But these will probably be sporadic and even pathetic attempts while I learn so ... Bear with me please. :)

Friday, August 26, 2011

Checking In

I'm still here. Just been a busy week. Trying to enjoy the last of the summer before school starts here again. Then I will be back at work, and I just enrolled in some college myself, so I may be pretty busy after this. I still enjoy reading every one else's log, just don't have time to write in my own. Hopefully soon I will. Right now I have to go do some stuff for school.

A little while ago I won a makeup set from Mistura, it included a "6-in-1" compact, some skin moisturizer and vitamin E lipstick.  The 6-in-1 is supposed to work as a foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, lip color and eye color. But I just use it as a bronzer (since I didn't have any bronzer). Now I'm fairly new to not only nail polish/art, but makeup as well. I just didn't have anyone around to teach me. So I learned everything off beauty blogs and youtube videos. We had our first meeting for work after being out for a few months, and for the first time I went with full makeup. I had used foundation, concealer, everything. I just bought Wet 'n' Wild's I'm getting sunburned, so I used that for my eyeshadow, Some pretty light lip gloss for my lips, and I used Mistura as the bronzer. First person who saw me at the meeting said, "Your skin is beautiful. Very peaches and cream, you must be eating something right." And I kept getting compliments the rest of the day, too. In all honesty, I have been eating healthier, and I have been slimming down, but I know most of it is from the makeup. I was really nervous wearing full makeup, 'cause as I said, I've learned everything on my own, and even though all those girls make it look so easy on their blogs and videos, it's not that easy for me. I have no experience, no creativity, bad decorating skills/color coordinating, and even worse hand-eye coordination, lol.  All that makes for a bad combination when trying to look good in makeup. So as I said I was really nervous about my makeup. Even with my husband saying it looks pretty, etc, cause you know he HAS to say that.  :) 
Anyway, so my makeup project went well. I may have to wear my makeup everyday now.  That is a big step for me. :P  So besides my makeup, I also got compliments on my nails. I went with a simple polka dot, using a couple browns from Sinful Colors (Nirvana and Mercury Rising), and Seashell from LA Colors. I used Nirvana as a base coat and Mercury Rising and Seashell for dots, switching to Mercury Rising for base and Nirvana and Seashell as dots for my ring finger on each hand. It looked really pretty. I do have pics, but as I said before, for some reason I can't upload pics right now. As soon as I can I will figure out what is going on with my camera and the whole uploading thing, but for now I have to jet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment